How to apply
Applications for pupillage must be made through the Pupillage Gateway, the Bar Council’s online pupillage application portal which can be accessed here. Applications open on Wednesday 4th January 2023 and close at 10am on Wednesday 8th February 2023.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate a high standard in each of the following areas:
- has an excellent academic track record;
- can think fast and clearly; absorb complex information rapidly; and identify essential points and possible solutions in a practical and pragmatic manner;
- is able to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively, both orally and in writing;
- is able to get on well with people from different backgrounds;
- is assertive when necessary, and is able to remain calm, objective and confident while working with complex material and against deadlines;
- is honest and reliable.
The timetable, which follows the Pupillage Gateway, is as follows:
4 January 2023 Applications window opens on Gateway
8 February 2023 Applications window closes on Gateway
W/C 20 March 2023 First round interviews
W/C 3 April 2023 Second round interviews
5 May 2023 Notification of offers of pupillage
Our Pupillage Privacy Notice can be found here